Frequently Asked Questions
- Are classes offered online or outside Atlanta, GA?
- How long are the courses?
- What time are the classes offered?
- What do you come out of Jam Tech with?
- How do I know if I am eligible for financial aid?
- Do you accept the GI Bill? (USA ONLY)
- What if I don t have a high school diploma or GED, can I still attend JTI?
- What kind of job can I get when I get out of school?
- What will I receive at the end of the program?
- Do you have financial aid?
- Do we get any time off for holidays?
- How much does it cost to attend Jam Tech.?
- Would you send information to my son, daughter, spouse or friend about your programs?
- Is the Associate of Occupational Studies a recognized degree?
- Will my credits from Jam Tech transfer to other schools?
- How long does the job placement and career development assistance benefit last after graduation?
- What if I need a job while I'm in school?
- I've been out of school for a while. Does Jam Techoffer tutoring assistance if I need it?
1. Are classes offered online or outside Atlanta, GA?
Our campus is in Atlanta, GA and Kingston, Jamaica W.I.. If you are not within commuting distance you will need to consider your ability and resources for relocation while attending training
2. How long are the courses?
It depends on which program you want and what time of the day you choose. We specialize in accelerated, skill specific programs, and career service assistance upon completion. Therefore, day students may attend as little as nine months or as long as 14 months, depending on their educational goals. Students attending night classes will have longer course lengths.
3. What time are the classes offered?
Morning Classes are 7:30am to 12:30pm Monday through Friday
Afternoons Classes are 12:45pm to 5:45pm Monday through Friday
Night Classes are 6pm to 10pm Monday through Thursday
4. What do you come out of Jam Tech with?
Our programs are diploma programs so you get a certificate of completion for each phase and a diploma when you complete the entire course. We also have a degree course available if you want to go higher with your education.
5. How do I know if I am eligible for financial aid?
After you speak with an Admissions Representative to determine eligibility for enrollment and complete an application you may complete the FAFSA online. Use school code 014127 on the FAFSA form to determine school. Contact us once you have completed this process and we will assist you with your next steps to determine what types of financial aid that you may qualify for. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
6. Do you accept GI Bill?(USA ONLY)
Yes, we do and we have a veteran's coordinator here on campus to assist you in processing for these benefits for those that quality.
7. What if I don t have a high school diploma or GED, can I still attend Jam Tech?
Yes, we have an opportunity here for you to attend but it requires you to pass an independently administered test. We will begin by having you come in for an evaluation. Then you will be able to take the Ability to Benefit Test that is offered here on site at no charge to you in order to qualify for admission.
8. What kind of job can I get when I get out of school?
While we cannot promise employment, the type of job you can get depends on what side of the industry you choose to get into - anything from HVAC Technician to Facility Maintenance and will be based on employer requirements. See our Career Options.
9. What will I receive at the end of the program?
Once you have successfully completed your educational program, you may be awarded either a diploma or an Associate's of Occupational Studies degree, depending on your training program.
10. Do you offer financial aid?
Yes, we do have a financial aid department that can assist you with any questions and processing for financial aid which consists of both grants and student loans. You can complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Use school code 014127
11. Do we get any time off for holidays?
Yes, we have a list of holidays that the school recognizes.
12. Is Jam Tech accredited?
Yes, Jam Tech is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and is licensed by the Georgia State Board for Private Post secondary Education.
13. How much does it cost to attend Jam Tech?
Tuition varies from one program to another. In any case, tuition and actual out-of-pocket cost may be completely different things depending on your financial aid eligibility. Speak with an Admissions Representative for more information about tuition.
Estimated average tuition:
Electro-Mechanical Technologies Program $18,686.00
All programs are subject to a registration fee of $50.00
14. Would you send information to my son, daughter, spouse or friend about your programs?
We would be happy to. Click here for more information
15. Will my credits from Jam Tech transfer to other schools?
Credits from other programs may or may not be transferable. This can only be determined by the receiving institution and you must speak with them directly. JTI has no control over how or if credits are transferable to other institutions.
16. How long does the career development assistance benefit last after graduation?
As a graduate in good standing, you will have access to Career Development services as often as necessary and for as long as necessary. You are always encouraged to exploit all options in your career, but you can have the security of knowing the professionals in the Jam Tech Career Development Department are there for you.
17. What if I need a job while I'm in school?
Many students work part or full time while in school. For current listings of job opportunities you should review other listings such as Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com, or Jobing.com.
18. I've been out of school for a while. Does Jam Tech offer tutoring assistance if I need it?
Any student who believes he or she has a need for additional assistance should immediately bring the issue to the attention of their instructor, who will initiate the process for tutoring services.